Advisory, powered by Intelligence and Research
AIR a full-service strategic marine advisory service.
AIR provides operational and commercial decision-making tools and insights to industry stakeholders who are already operating in, or looking to enter, the offshore wind sector.
Combining Clarksons’ global reach and unrivalled experience across vessel procurement, market intelligence & industry research along with energy and marine experts, the service will support clients minimise risk, increase operational efficiency, and deliver seamless end-to-end winning marine strategies, no matter how complex the challenge.
Frederik C. Andersen
Managing Director, Clarksons Offshore Renewables
“Clarksons’ DNA stems from 170 years of global shipping and offshore activities including 20 years of pioneering the offshore wind sector. Our combined resources represent the largest full-service marine shipbroking, logistics and advisory firm in the offshore renewable energy sector. With AIR, we are uniquely positioned to utilize our vast cross-sector experience from our deep-water shipping, port services, investment banking, research, IT and oil & gas teams to enable the marine advisory service to act as a catalyst for our clients strategies, be that shipowners, OEMs, OWF developers, oil & gas companies, T&I contractors, fabrication yards, banks, investors or government agencies”.
Our track record in offshore wind
Industry experts engaged in renewable division
Offshore brokers and consultants
Working with clients on global projects
Marine Advisory and Commercial Support
Market Intelligence and Research
- Commercial forecasting
- Macro analysis on specific offshore wind markets
- Vessel demand forecast in specific regions
- Pipeline of offshore wind farms in a specific region
- Periodic updates / market surveillance
- Key market barriers
- Technology (fuel types, mission equipment, vessel types)
Marine Strategy and Commercial Solutions
- Company and vessel assessments (e.g. SWOT)
- Technical due diligence
- Commercial due diligence
- Joint venture support
- Vessel concept development
EPCI and O&M Strategic Advisory
- Logistic vessel setup considering client risk profile
- Exploit synergies across client projects, packages & contractors
- Vessel design and workflow
- Procurement strategy
- Tender advisory, support & execution
- Marine management software
Vessel Supply Chain Procurement
- Maturity assessment of the supply chain
- Development of new supply chain
- Eliminate supply chain barriers
- Supplier identification
- Supplier evaluation
- Vessel categorisation and recommendations
- Assessment of local supply chain requirements
How we can help
- Providing auction input and price forecasting, local supply chain assessment in new markets, budgeting projects based on statements of work (SOW), optimisation and de-risking
- Supporting Surveys, core drilling, rock dumping, boulder removal and un exploded ordnance (UXO) clearance
- Our logistics and long haul experts can deliver a full package from fabrication yard to staging port, for onshore and offshore wind farms equipment
- Broker and commercial advisory services for the main packages of work for both multi contracting and EPCI including market screening, chartering and the newbuilding of vessels
- We work with developers, vessel owners, energy companies, shipyards, designers, class authorities, investors and financial institutions, where we apply our expertise to support the industry with next generation vessels i.e. wind turbine installation vessels (WTIVs), construction support vessels (CSOV), service operations vessels (SOVs), floating foundation installation vessels (FFIV) and crew transfer vessels (CTVs). The vessels and procedures are constantly evolving as is the mission equipment they use.
Core Team | Advisors
Head of Strategy
Transport & Installation Manager
Analyst Floating & Support Vessels
Head of Research
Get in touch
It is becoming increasingly relevant for all stakeholders to focus more time and resources on all marine related activities when thinking strategically for offshore wind.
It’s a global marine market with many external influences that need to be understood and accounted for. The AIR and Clarksons global team provide exactly that - for more information on AIR Services please speak to a member of the team, please email email@example.com or get in touch below.